Starting January 1, 2018, Little League International is implementing a new bat standard for all baseball divisions. As this new rule will affect virtually every player, please note these important changes:
- Baseball bats that were approved for use in prior seasons will no longer be acceptable for use in any Little League game or activity starting on January 1, 2018.
- All new bats must meet the USA Baseball Bat Standard. These bats will have the USA Baseball marking on them.
- The maximum barrel size for all divisions is now 2 5/8". There is no length-to-weight or drop-weight limit on bats, but they must have the USA Baseball marking.
- One-piece wooden bats are permitted and do not require the USA Baseball marking. Multi-piece wooden bats do require the marking.
- These rule changes apply to the following baseball divisions: tee ball, minors, majors, juniors, and challenger.
- TEE BALL EXCEPTION: Existing tee ball bats (26" and shorter) are permitted, but a USABat tee ball sticker must be purchased and placed on the bat to make it compliant. Stickers can be purchased at USABaseballShop.com.
- These rule changes DO NOT apply to softball.
As of September 2017, new USA Baseball approved bats are available in stores.
For a video overview of these new changes and complete details, click here.
Please email us with any questions. Thanks for your attention to and compliance with these important bat changes.