How do I register my son or daughter?
Registering your son or daughter in West Side Little League is simple. We have a short tutorial on this page. Registrations happen through our online system, which you can access here.
I am interested in being a coach or volunteer, who do I contact?
We are always looking for parents and interested individuals to help out at West Side Little League. Visit this page for more details and to send us your information. A background check is required of all volunteers.
Is there a registration discount for multiple players?
Yes. A family with multiple players will receive a $25.00 discount for each additional player. So for example, if you have two kids playing, you will get a $25.00 discount. If you have three kids playing, you will get a $50.00 discount.
My child has not played with the league before. Is he/she eligible?
Yes! However all players must:
- Be at least 4 years old and not exceed 18 years old on or before the cut-off date.
- Reside within the league boundary or attend a school that is within the league boundary (e.g. Pierce Middle School). Keep in mind that Baseball and Softball have different boundaries.
We to purchase a baseball bat for the season. Are there guidelines somewhere for this that we can use, to make a proper purchase?
According to Little League’s Bat Rules Rule 1.10 – Baseball
The bat must be a baseball bat which meets Little League specifications and standards as noted in this rule. It shall be a smooth, rounded stick and made of wood or of material and color tested and proved acceptable to Little League standards.
Little League (Majors) and below:
It shall not be more than thirty-three (33) inches in length nor more than two and one-quarter (2¼) inches in diameter. Non-wood bats shall be labeled with a BPF (bat performance factor) of 1.15 or less;
EXCEPTION: For the Little League (Majors) and below, for regular season play and Tournament, composite bats are prohibited unless approved by Little League International. View the list of approved and licensed composite bats.
Intermediate (50-70) Division and Junior League
It shall not be more than 34 inches in length; nor more than 2 5/8 inches in diameter, and if wood, not less than fifteen-sixteenths (15/16) inches in diameter (7/8 inch for bats less than 30”) at its smallest part. All composite barrel bats shall meet the Batted Ball Coefficient of Restitution (BBCOR) performance standard, and such bats shall be so labeled with a silkscreen or other permanent certification mark. The certification mark shall be rectangular, a minimum of a half-inch on each side and located on the barrel of the bat in any contrasting color.
What is West Side’s registration refund policy?
West Side Little League’s policy for registration refunds is as follows:
1) If a registrant has their registration cancelled due to their residence not being within the official boundary, they will receive a 100% refund less a $20 administrative fee.
2) If a registration is cancelled prior to the official beginning of the session, and there is no boundary issue, then 100% of the registration less a $5 administration fee will be refunded.
3) If a registration is cancelled after the official beginning of the session, a $20 administration fee will be assessed and the remaining balance will be pro-rated over the length of the season.
Pro-rating will occur on a weekly basis. For example, for a $100 registration with a 10 week long season – if a registration is cancelled at any time during the 2nd week of the session the refund would be calculated as
2/10*$100 = $20 PLUS $20 adminstrative fee = $40 fee due to WSLL
The refunded amount would be $100 – $40 = $60
Why do you charge a “field fee?”
In 2014, there is a $30.00/family (not per player) field usage fee that is charged at the time of registration. Due to the increased fees charged by townships for field use, this fee is necessary.
Why is a birth certificate required to register?
West Side is a chartered organization, and as such, abides by the rules of its parent organization. Age rules are seriously enforced to insure safe and enjoyable play.